Welcoming Alex Sherwood, our Head of Communications! πŸ“’

I am very excited to share the news that @alexs is joining Genuine Impact today as our Head of Communications!

Previously, @alexs was an early member of the team at Freetrade, helping found their very lively community. He grew the online community from 500 to 4,000 users within one year, with 30% monthly active users, one of the highest engagement rates among the forums run by U.K fintech companies. He also organised regular meetups and a roadtrip, to visit the community outside London.

@alexs will be in charge of some very important areas within marketing and communications which will ensure that our users are happy and can follow what we are up to: content, social media, community, public relations, and partnerships.

Welcome @alexs!

Truman

9 Likes

Well done on hiring Alex,he done a magnificent job at Freetrade

3 Likes

Thanks @Juno17!

Very excited.

The FreeTrade forum is by far the liveliest forum I am on and has transcended talking just about the product itself, but into anything related to investing. It’d be amazing if GI gets to a similar stage.

2 Likes

Thanks Truman I’m really excited to be joining the team to help spread the word about all of the great things that Genuine Impact are doing. I’m looking forward to getting to know the community better too!

3 Likes

No pressure @alexs :grinning:

@Marsares you will sense over time that our feel of the forum will be a bit different from that of Freetrade. At least we hope. Let’s see :grinning:

2 Likes

A bit more insightful one would hope. A lot of rambling or uneducated opinions on there.

3 Likes

So do we as well!

1 Like

We’re here to add some more variety to the discussion, hopefully you’ll be able to pick and choose and get the best of both worlds :smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations @alexs

2 Likes