A New Look For Genuine Impact

Today we’re announcing our new logo and brand identity! Before the big reveal, I’d like to take a moment to share the story behind the changes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.genuineimpact.io/news/a-new-look-for-genuine-impact

Hi guys,

As someone involved in branding, I appreciate the energy that goes into a project like this - and also, how important it is to get this right.

My question: has any research been done to determine if (1) ‘alpha’ means anything to our TA, and (2) if these people will even ‘see’ the alpha in the logo?

BTW, the UI, from what I could see in the ‘tease’ shot in the email, looks brilliant.

Jono

3 Likes

One of the reasons why I like this logo is that people who are more familiar with finance / investing will recognise the logo but for those who don’t, the logo still still looks good. Hopefully that’ll mean an ‘aha moment’ once they find out what it represents :smile:

4 Likes

Fantastic, thanks Alex.

Keep up the brilliant work, everyone!

2 Likes

Thanks @JonoM for the kind words. Just the beginning and a few sneak peeks of the app features will follow soon.

Our target audience is those with some investment experience but far from professional, and the term we coined was “mass premium DIY investors”, so this demographic is familiar with the phrase “alpha”

2 Likes

I must say I am very impressed.

• The logo looks amazing, clean and professional and has some really cute hidden messages.
  • The colour scheme is great, and I love the difference between funds and stocks. Very nicely thought through.
  • The comms about the “rebrand” was thorough and explained the rationale behind everything.

And not least of all, on the basis of the sneak peak of the new UI, it doesn’t just look totally awesome, but some of the functionality seems incredibly useful.

I’ll tip my hat and salute you, gents. :grin:

3 Likes

Glad to hear @Marsares!

Next several weeks we will share more details about the upcoming launch. Some introductions with the sneak peeks to begin with during October.

2 Likes

Does anyone else think the new logo looks like a fish?

4 Likes

Haha we do indeed. Our spin is “fishing for alpha” :smiley:

@alister.sneddon and @alexs have some ideas already of making this logo animated in our future marketing

5 Likes

:thinking:

6 Likes

That’s cool.

Do you think pushing for “alpha” could be alienating to some people? I remember Freetrade had a thread on calling their main subscription plan Alpha and some of the feedback was so and so.

Moving away from that I really like the boldness of the new approach. Screenshots on the homepage look a lot more inviting than previous version. Looking forward to the new app :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes Truman was joking there, we’ll use the term selectively / rarely if at all because we’re aware that some people won’t understand what we mean and it has some associations that aren’t ideal.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but didn’t Jesus turn one fish into thousands? If GE can help me turn a pound into thousands, I’m cool with it looking a bit like a fish. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m looking for Nemo

3 Likes